3.29.2009

Bridal Shower Games

Has it been so long since I've attended a bridal shower? Weren't they always just a mix of women smiling and ooh-aahhing over new kitchen gadgets, linens, and nighties? And a bride-to-be awaiting sage advice from requisite relatives and sassy friends? I assumed it was only the dainty mints and crustless sandwiches that would reveal my age, but it is rather my new-found delight in party games!  I found myself racing the clock to transform our team's toilet paper wedding gown into the splendor of a Vera Wang. I snatched and tossed paper clues from the grab bag to help my team guess the most wedding Catch- Phrases. And writing a nonsense poem to which we all contributed only 1 incongruent line was right up my alley. Truth be told we women have a need to laugh and play together in a congenial group setting. Else why would we all still be lingering after a mere 4 1/2 hours for a Saturday Bridal Brunch? 

No comments: